To those living in Europe, Spotify is old news. The service launched there years ago. Last year, the music streaming service debuted in the United States for the first time.
So, what exactly is Spotify? The folks at Spotify define their service as:
But, does it live up to that billing, AND will it provide enough features to lure people away from other popular music streaming services like Pandora?
Here’s my take:
First and foremost, I should say that this service was truly created with the quintessential music lover in mind. The first night I had the service I found myself up until 2:30am exploring the depth of their library. I’ve been using the service for about a year now and one of the best things about it is that by typing in any artists name, I am able to see all their songs and play them right there on the spot.
Unfortunately, like any service, it also has its limitations. It doesn’t have every song by every artist and some artists it doesn’t have any music on at all….
1) Great for music lovers who want to be able to, in an instant, pull up a song or an album that comes to mind.
2) Their library enables you to stream your favorite albums back to back and make playlists
3) The mobile app allows you to stream and bring up songs wherever you are
1) It doesn’t have all the music you can find on iTunes.
2) You can’t yet share your iTunes music as part of your Spotify playlists
3) You can easily be confused by what is on Spotify and what is only on your iTunes by the way that Spotify lays out your playlists.
If you are interested in me doing a sponsored review for your product, please contact me at email@example.com